Friday, April 17, 2009

My Love

Well, my first blog. I’ve always wondered how to start and about what to start. At one such case was when I heard someone beside me whisper that love is where creativity begins and so does mine.

Once upon a time ( this is how I’m used to begin since childhood, so can’t help it ) when in my late teens , was when I used to fall for and have a crush on almost every beautiful gal that I get to see. But believe me, it was not many at a time but one after another. The worst thing is that every crush ended just with mere gaping and nothing to yield in return. My life was moving like a run on the mill type when it was time for a so called educational trip in my eleventh standard.

Our first destination was one of the coolest places in India, Goa. Beautiful beaches, mind blowing landscape, partying out at night, cruise ride , ancient landmarks left by the Portugese and many more marked our two day visit to Goa . After a rocking start , we moved on to our country’s commercial capital, Mumbai ( Slumdog Millionaire fame) on a day month ahead of Christmas. The next day I still remember , the 26th of November , 2005. I was standing in between the mighty Taj and the Gateway of India ( exactly 3 years before the venue could witness the bloodshed and cruelty of 26/11). It was a breezy morning with the waves of the Arabian Sea adding chords to the atmosphere around, when my eyes caught note of something even more admirable than the place of pride. Someone whom I knew as a schoolmate but had never spoke to her before. Never before had I felt so. Harmony of violins, blooming flower, dew drop and a lightening striking me all at a time ( Juz as in the movies , which I used to think were only to create fantasy but never possible) But to my surprise it happened to me on seeing her that fine moment. She was in a white salwar kameez with her loose black hair floating methodically as though reacting to the sound of the waves. This was when I felt that I had fallen in love for the very first time.

I went carzy since then and badly wanted to talk to her in some way or the other . The next day on the bus while moving towards Pune, I found her reading an archies comic series ( Odd for someone to read a comic at this age but nothing really seemed odd to me then). Reached her with my heart beating at a faster rate and asked her if I could get that book to read. She immediately gave me a wide smile with a cool nod for which I could derive much more equations than Mr.Einstien would have did to conclude that E=mc^2. And finally I realized that it was an affirmative reply. She extended her arms to me with the comic that I hardly wanted. I received it and said her thanks even before which she shot out asking me if I read comics. I thought for an instant and answered back , “ Yes, I’d love to, esp Archies” ( Note: 1st lie, many more to come) . And to move on she told me that she felt bored and asked me if I could get her some book to read ( How can someone expect me to carry a book along while on a tour!!!). So I had to lie again telling her that I have it in my bag and I’ll get it to her when possible. That night when we were out to shop in a mall, my legs all the way ran to the landmark book store. After surfing for half an hour I finally laid hands on Chethan Baghat’s “ Five Point Someone”. On meeting her during dinner I gave her the book receiving her smile back in return. We had a short intro about each other before we signed of that night.

The next day was when we were to board our train back home. I had a really tough time arguing and compromising to finally win a berth near her’s. I spent the whole night looking at her and imaging all sorts of things that would happen in dreamland. She woke up by around five next morning when there was hardly any light. She tried hard to sort out finding what the time was . I told her in stern voice, “ It’s five. Woke up early?”. And again her reply , a smile. As the train stopped,it was time back at hometown , bid her bye with all the expectations to meet her next, back at school.

After that, one year passed by with nothing much to tell. It was just the smile that we exchange everytime we met. To my surprise exactly after one year since love, we caught up on a social networking site and had the chance to share many more things. We got to know each other better. One fine day on a similar chat session, we were talking about men marrying women elder to them. ( Trivia: She is one week elder to me.) By now you should have guessed that I was the one who initialized the topic. After some five minutes I found my messenger asking me, “ How about Love now?”. Just imagine my state( as though Sania won a grand slam singles title). I was totally stuck up and didn’t know what to reply. To say yes, and break friendship or to say no, breaking my sweetie’s heart (mine too). I ended up typing , “ I don’t mind if u don’t mind”. And to Sania’s greatest surprise , sorry, rather to my greatest surprise I found a smiley with a text reading, “ I DON”T MIND”. I was as though at the helm of the world, on the top of Mt. Everest and I could hardly breath. That’s all about me and my damsel tying up with each other.

The next few months we were all that very close. She resembled the moon to me and she did mean everything to me and so does she even now. We have never even spoke face to face since back from tour but have always been on the net ( Thanks to the internet which made it possible) . I’ve got all our conversations saved and I carry it along with me on my pen drive almost always. But like every sentence has got a full stop, we fought at regular intervals and did reunite except once that was the last time we spoke. Today, we’ve totally no contact with each other for over a year. I dunno if she still thinks about me but I’ve never spent any day of mine without spending at least a second to think of her. I have decided that the next time when I get to meet her, might be even if she’s married or has two kids beside her, I’d go and tell her, “ I still love u sweet heart.”

I’d like to end with a short note asking you ppl to fall in love at least once. No matter whether you win or lose, “ Love makes life beautiful”

14 comments:

  1. dude...this is goin to b the first comment for your awesome blog...keep updating man

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty cool 4 1st time.....keep postin fella...waitin 4 ur 2nd one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muthu, awesome post.. Neatly scripted and very simple. Ur first and its about love!! Wow man! Can't ask for a better start. Guess Goutham Menon might have got a glimpse about ur story from some of ur mates. Anyways, brush aside the differences, kill ur ego(if present)and don'r forget to get back to her. sorry for advising but can't help it man! Don't miss out on ur first love! Its something priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada Muthu.. Love is Universal. Its a globalized entity:)Love ur mom, dad, gf, dog, a tree.. Its all the same. It is we who complicate ourselves with expectations. Love her till your lung breathes.. And go for someone else too:) Love does make life beautiful irrespective of the person. Love yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude..!! dunnno bout the others but swear man.!! loved it:-) mine resembles the entire story of yer's:-) right from start.!! 11th standard.! Goa.! Train journey.. First try, to talk to her, with hesitation.!! i know perfectly how u'd ve felt:-) cheers to yer awesome first blog.!:-) keep up the good work.! happy fer ya..!! peace..!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey... pearl king... u'r seriously a gem.. i mean ur post is definitely 1... awesum piece yaar... u'r inspiring me 2 jus pick up a pen n start... n abt ur story...pls make ur best efforts 2 get bak in tuch wid her...coz if its callin 4 patience n waiting..its definitely love:) u rock buddy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love...hmm....
    An interesting and potentially hazardous choice for your first blog entry...

    But you know what?? You just about pulled it off...

    Great start..
    Welcome to the blogosphere..

    Here's the inside deal though... Keep reviewing my blog and i'll keep reviewing yours..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sivakasi mapillai!!
    it had a begining of a movie and i am positive
    that it will have a climax of a movie
    too!! hope u are in terms with her before its too late:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, this ones a classic!!.... i mean absolutely b-e-a-utiful.... though im not much of the lovey dovey thing i must say this 1's rly touching :') .......,.. so "STAY AT IT" man ;)... its itching to pick up a pad n scribble away now :)....... haha.. ur awesum !!! hope al goes wel, its never too late! :) GO GET HER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This s absolutely lovable dude...
    "Love absolutely makes life beautiful"
    Hope U ll continue ur scribblings further...

    She is unlucky da...
    U may be tellin "Dont mind the win or lose",
    bt one needs a hardcore heart to withstand the lose...

    ReplyDelete
  11. heyy muthu, grt try for de first tme.. story s cool..u need 2 chck on ur spellngs a bit.. nd by de way is dis ur true story??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Tina :) Yup true. And spellings were meant to be ;) What's the fun if everything is perfect ! I wrote this lik 3 years bck :D Will hopefully write more.

    ReplyDelete