Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Muthu calling muthu


It was recently(ie amidst my semesters) that I got to watch the Farhan Akhtar and Deepika Padukone starring ‘Karthik calling Karthik’. I loved the way in which the director had depicted the role of a schizophrenic. But that doesn’t limit this trait to just Karthik. Everyone of us have had instants(perhaps more) where we had spoken to ourselves, debated and argued on issues regarding our own but it’s just that we have it under control where as Karthik had lost hold of it.

There’s no better companion on earth than one’s own self. It is indeed necessary to identify the contrasts between our thoughts and actions. And so I’m here typing down what Muthu(M) questioned me, muthu(m) when I got my call.

*Hey dude, why is it that you always wish to do big deeds( those which even the Ambanis and Rajinikanths have failed to) and that you don’t take the least effort, a single step towards it. Remember, thoughts are not meant to be just thoughts. Give it a try. Success or not is the next concern.

*You speak a lot( hell a lot), but that’s just with your self or on the phone or the net. What’s your problem speaking when real people(with blood, flesh and bones) are near you. Don’t you think you play a spoil sport for those who expect you to be casual when in a get together. This in no way makes you a quite guy instead portrays an image of a stubborn. So chill out man, at least the next time.

*Isn’t there anyone else in BIT who could do the dumb job of an MoC? That too an informal one in your voice! Sounds funny. I’ve heard people ask you, who’s the next MoC girl (like who’s the next bond girl). I know it wasn’t your choice but give a damn, for life is all about variety.

*Please don't get frustrated with small things like miss a whole night's sleep because of the confusion as to whether you locked the door or not(happens with you!). You need to trust yourself(ie ME) at the first place rather than anyone else.



*A few might think you’re the best and that you don’t talk bad about anyone but it’s only you and me who know that they are wrong. Anyways maintain it that way. Nothing wrong as long as you could earn some brownie points wit a few.

*You’ve really got a bad taste while coming to choosing clothes. So better leave that to your mom. She knows what suites you better.

*What’s so difficult in posing to a camera that you make your face shrink and give what to do looks, like a kiddo. You really can’t make you seem better than what you are but you certainly can present yourself in a good way.

*You keep talking about pursuing your dream to become an entrepreneur. Fine, that’s good. But it definitely isn’t going to be easy. Stay connected whatever it may take.

*This is enough of telling you what you’re bad at as I myself feel bored. Anyways I know you never feel ashamed to correct your mistakes. So do take the above points seriously and work over it. Wishing you the best. Will sure catch up when you are in real need.


And then the beep went off. Hey guys, sorry if I left you bored and now that I have spoke to myself, please don’t mistake me for a schizophrenic for this is just the censored version of the call. There’s a lot more that I wish not to disclose(For that’s what makes the difference). I’m no Karthik(nor do I have a girl like Deepika beside), I’m just muthu(m).

5 comments:

  1. Rarest of ideas:) Rarest of honesty:)

    All your questions evidently paves the way towards one ultimate question "who am I?", which was sprouted out in my mind when I was half a way done reading your blog. When i scrolled down, to my total surprise, the t-shirt in the photograph is bearing the same question.

    observing it very directly shows that its not actually a 'surprise', its an 'obvious'. After all, muthu is venturing beyond the obvious, not may be as a blogger, but as an individual piece of life, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done man... nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one da, as deepak said a different style and a different topic to blog about. Way to go!
    Everyone goes thru wat u ve blogged abt, I ve often embraced ur second point and still continue to be the same. The ending was cool!!! Keep em comin MR. MC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi da..i ll not go on telling u that u r a gr8 blogger bcoz thats become obvious.i ll tel u wat i liked; rather loved about tis entire thing..the honesty when u rite down "Nothing wrong as long as you could earn some brownie points wit a few" is appreciable..THAT IS THE REASON WHEN LIES BECOME NOT SUCH A BAD THING IN ONE'S LYF..keep going da..remember lots of us are following u now after this..

    ReplyDelete
  5. gud read.. :) we go thru mental transitions often like these.. phone calls within our heads itself ..

    ReplyDelete