Thursday, December 23, 2010

Entreprise de Reve

More than blogging, it’s to decide on what to blog that is difficult. I’ve been pondering over it for a while and since I’m nowhere near finding one, just thought I’d come out with some random thoughts. Firstly, I’ve been placed in CTS (BITians- read dream company). Since my teens, I have always thought that I was sure about what I wanted in life but it’s when the showtime is on that all the confusion on earth widens leading to chaos (pardon me if the usage is wrong, wanted to add that word in someplace irrespective of whether right or wrong). And the best decision at such moments is to go by the wind, to accept what life has to offer (I know it isn’t optimistic but it could work). I would love to share a few details on what a dream company means at BIT.


Ever since the day I joined college, the only company that I knew recruits in my campus is Cognizant (there are a few others but you can gladly term them ‘negligible’). And so came the final year, I could hear echoes all around sounding “When’s CTS coming?”, “Machan, teach me aps da.”, “They recruited so many in X college and so many in XX college.”, “You’ll anyways get through CTS, Gethuthaan”. The last one is a cliché on which hours are spent in order to otify someone (means make satirist remarks) when he unknowingly utters some word that the other doesn’t know. There is also something called post dinner session which aims at training grads to crack Cognizant’s HR round (our alma mater says cracking CAT isn’t our task, we leave those stuffs to our inferiors at the IITs). Well, I’m not totally against it as it aims at bringing everyone to a state of equality on a medium scale (the robin hood way).

While talking about lobbying, how can one possibly miss out mentioning Nira Radia ! The lobbyist here is our placement officer (read CTS campus coordinator), Dr Sankaran. There is one incident that could help you understand the whole case. We had an off campus recruitment by TVS at CIT, the day before Cognizant. And there was a so called motivation speech delivered by our beloved CEO (like in the corporate world) the day before TVS, where he hardly said anything but kept repeating the repeated phrase, “ again and again and again” (God knows what he meant!). Me and one of my classmate were out that time on the process of getting a bus booked for the next day (really a tiresome job in a college like ours, hundreds of signatures). That’s when Sankaran saw us and started yelling asking us to go attend the motivation talk and that TVS work could be done later (perhaps after everything is over).

I used to be astonished when I see books with the title reading, “How to become Ambani in 20 days?”. But now after seeing my roommates preparing day and night barring sleep from logical reasoning to self- introduction, I actually think it is possible that I’ve even ordered for a book titled “How to become Mallya in one night?” (hmmm, expensive affair though). I’m pretty sure that if an outsider had seen our college on the D-day with a thousand students file handed, he would easily have mistaken in for a modern fine tuned version of the Kumbhamela. Unlike Prathiba Patil and Prince Charles fighting to utter the words, “ Let the games begin “ at the CWG, here the decision was unanimous with Dr Sankaran saying “ Now I completely hand over the stage to Cognizant”. The way he said it, I was surprised he didn’t fall flat on the floor (Thank God).

Fine, no matter how the run was, now that the great looking HR hottie has welcomed me on board Cognizant, “All izz very very well”.


3 comments: