Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Selfish Selflessness

There are like a very few instances when you are really tempted to pick up a pen and start penning down those moments immediately. This is one such thought that occurred to me today. For all those BITians who know me, you know how jobless i’ve been over the past few weeks but today wasn’t one such day as i had my first review for my project this noon(Not that i had to work a lot, it’s just copy pasting, but still ) So i had a little time before starting to college this morning and the best thing was that there was power ( Lol, we live in this crazy hostel where the power is there during college time but not during breaks). I happened to rush through Bachna he Hasseno and got to hear this startling one liner that Ranbir uses to woe Deepika in the climax, LOVING YOU IS LIKE LOVING MYSELF.

How sweet! I know we love ourselves much more than we love anybody else but there are a few instances where you realise that watching someone else being happy makes you feel far better than rejoicing for your own selves. And getting to have such a person with you doesn’t happen overnight. I’ve known this person since a year back and henceforth i’ve never regretted even a single moment spent with her. Yes, her . She has been a friend, companion, sister, care taker, PRO as in pupil relations officer (she publicises me telling ppl what she feels i am, but what i think i’m not), a compatriot and everything else.There is not a single day that goes by without blurting out my worries or hearing her shower endless compliments that my entire archives is filled with texts from her(a whole 50MB of text).
Though i’m like ten blog posts old, i haven’t had a better reception as my first one even if all the others put together. Guess that’s the catch with tragic love stories! lol. So coming to the point, there is nothing much interesting in life than one’s first love. Like me, this girl that i’m talking about also had, has and will cease to have her first and only love, with an amazing guy who is no less to her by any means (say rab ne bana de jodi). They love each other like crazy and i don’t know if it’s my first blog or what but i’m always called to play the peacemaker in case they have a misunderstanding, most of which are silly to the core. But that’s the best part .
There is just something about them that makes it so hard for me to resist being reminded of my girl and the incredible days that i had spent with her. Everytime i think of what went wrong with me and my girl, i wish i could take back a few things that happened between us, which i know is mere impossible. But in these two people, I see what i missed out on. I wish they don’t make the same mistakes that i did. It makes me feel like they are living my dreams and fantasies which i wish would have been happening between us if we hadn’t broke up. So if they are happy today, it’s like i am happy. I know it sounds crazy but yes, that’s how it is. A selfish selflessness. Well, have you experienced anything similar? Think.

No comments:

Post a Comment